American Heart Association eBook Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- Once I make a purchase, will I be charged right away?
- What am I buying?
- Rights to Content
- Are eBooks updated? Will I receive updates automatically
- Sharing of eBooks among multiple users.
- What is the return policy on an eBook?
- What is an eBook?
- What can I do with my eBook?
- Can I view a sample eBook?
- Can I read my eBook right away?
- How do I read AHA eBooks on my PC/Mac?
- How do I log into my account?
- How do I get started?
- How do I change my password?
- How do I share information on eBooks?
- Once I’ve purchased, how do I find my eBooks?
- How do I get an AHA eBook?
- Read your eBook offline on your Computer.
- Download iPublishCentral Reader
- Online Reader - How to add highlights & notes throughout the e-book?
- iPad app - How to add highlights & notes throughout the e-book?
- How do I bookmark a page?
- Where do I find the code for the Precourse Self-Assessment Test for ACLS ?
- How do I redeem the Access Code?
- How do I read AHA eBooks on my iOS device?
- Can I print the eBook?
- How to access the student supplementary materials for your course?
A charge will immediately appear on your bank statement under the name eBook Sale for the purchase of your ebook(s). We accept three major credit cards:
other updates are needed. Also, eBook purchasers will have the opportunity
to be among the first to purchase new editions of AHA eBooks when they are
In addition to reading and downloading, you can:
Search: AHA eBooks are searchable. You can search within a book or across your ebook library.
Customize: You can highlight text on the screen; bookmark pages; or add notes throughout the ebook.
Easy Navigation: In addition to accessing books from your library, your notes, bookmarks, and highlights become part of your dashboard and quick links.
- Open the eBooks site ebooks.heart.org on any modern browser that supports flash.
- Click on the Login option located on top-right hand side panel and Sign in with your registered credentials (Username & Password)
- Once you are successfully logged in, you will be redirected to your bookshelf page
- You will see your subscribed eBooks with Online Reading Options.
- Click on the Read Online to read the eBook online.
Click Login on the top right of the home page.
Type your username and password into the correct fields to log into your account.
To make a purchase from the AHA eBooks store, you must first open an account.
The Online ePub reader is equipped with all the features that are required for personalization.Table of Contents
Bookmarks,Highlights & Notes
To change your password once logged in:
Click on My Folder
Click on Profile Settings Drop down and Choose Change password
Enter your Last Name & Registered Email address and click on Submit.
Your subscribed eBooks appear under the Bookshelf tab with a Read Online Button .
|Step 1: Place the Cursor at the beginning of the text you would like to select.|
|Step 2: Hold down the "left mouse button" and move the mouse (drag) over the text you want to select.|
|Step 3: Release the mouse button and choose the highlight color of your choice.|
If you wish to make an annotation, click on Notes and a Pop Up Box will appear where you can type in the required text.
Long Press and hold over the text you would like to select.
Drag over the text you want to select.
Choose the highlight/Notes option
Select the color/underline or notes option
To access the student website for the ACLS , go to www.heart.org/eccstudent
*Access code redemption and purchases can only be done through the website( on your browser on a PC/Mac or an iPad) and not through the app* Please be informed , you do not need to redeem an access code if you have already purchased the eBook from this website.
You only need to redeem the access code if you have purchased the eBook from an authorized AHA eBooks distributor website( like World Point, Channing Bete , Laerdal etc.)
Follow the instructions below to redeem the Access Code.
- Login to the American Heart Association eBook store https://ebooks.heart.org/
- After successful login, please open the Bookshelf page https://ebooks.heart.org//bookshelf
- You will notice Redeem Access Code button here. Please click on it.
- Enter your Access code in the given field and click on Redeem.
AHA eBooks supports the iPad, iPad Mini, iPhone, & iPod Touch running iOS 4.0 or later.
Download the iOS app from the App store link https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=734453806&mt=8
- Login to AHA eBooks using your registered credentials in the “Account” tab.
Then, tap on the “Close” button to close the “Account” window.
Next, you’ll tap on the “My Bookshelf” tab at the bottom of the iPad app.
Here, your purchased eBook(s) will appear to be grayed out.
When you tap on the eBook, it will start downloading to the “My Bookshelf” in the app.
Once it is downloaded, tap on the eBook to read it.
AHA eBook pages cannot be printed.
The code and website can be found on the title page of the ebook. You will need to scroll to the bottom of the page ii, Refer to the screenshot from the PALS eBook below:
To access the student website for the PALS , go to www.heart.org/eccstudent
Enter the code "providercourse" in the box and submit.
- AHA eBooks are encrypted PDF/ePub files that can be accessed online through a browser on any PC/Mac.
- You can download the eBooks using the iPublishCentral Reader on to your PC/Mac.
- You can download the eBooks on to an iPad using AHA eBooks iPad app. Instructions to access AHA eBooks on Android Tablets can be found HERE
- eBooks subscribed through AHA eBook site cannot be downloaded as a file onto any devices and you cannot use a third party application to read these eBooks.
- AHA eBooks cannot be downloaded/copied on to a pen/thumb drive.
- AHA eBooks cannot be accessed on e-Ink based readers like Kindle/Nook/Kobo/Sony eReader etc.
- eBooks subscribed through AHA eBookstore cannot be read on iBookstore or any other third party readers such as Stanza,Mobipocket Reader,Barnes and Noble eReader,The Microsoft Reader, Kindle for PC etc.
- AHA eBooks cannot be printed.